organization is awesome! (more planning)

Posted by irene , 5.19.2010 4:05 PM

too happy, maybe?

(in this post: post-APs sentence long celebration, to do list, and upcoming dates!)

aaaaand.... that's a wrap!
AP tests are over (actually they were over last week... w/e) and I now have time to think seriously about exchange stuff :D

So. Things. To do! (and have done, for some...)
  1. Get a Dictionary. Fortunately I have done this already :D I got the pocket webster dictionary (which can be accessed from http://amzn.to/95V6Jx if you're interested at all) and am highlighting and doing other fun things in it.
  2. Get a phrasebook. I didn't think that I would need one, but looking at how much I know thus far, it's definitely gonna be a good idea... heh. still have to go to Borders to scope them out.
  3. Host family gifts! this one's tough... I think I'm going to make a photo/scrap-book about life in America, get some UMich stuff, Michigan-related great lakes stuff, lanyards.... practical stuff :D
  4. Other gifts! Little stuff... candy, photos.... magnets? o__o
  5. Packing... bleegle bleegle. I have to get clothes... shorts... summer clothes besides T-shirts xD
That's all the important stuff for now.

Oh! I should probably show off my YFU goodies. My shirt is currently in the wash so I'll do that in a separate post.
(it's XL.... bound to be interesting hehehehehehehe...)

And one last thing... I have my Orientation this weekend :DDD I'm excited. I don't know if it's only Japan-bound students (probably not, as I have seen from the feedback on our Facebook forum) but I am sure it will be awesome either way.
JBSD luncheon next week. whoot whooo!

until next time :D

7 Response to "organization is awesome! (more planning)"

eli Says:

I've still got to get gifts for my host family too... and pack of course. :P

my orientation is on the 22nd! i'm excited. :D TWO WEEKS UNTIL WE LEAVE, OH MY GOD.


oh and also: your comment on my blog, like... messed up somehow. could you try deleting it and reposting it again? it says "1 comment" on the main page but i don't see any comments in the comment section and the blog post stops loading after the comments section for some reason. probably because i was editing it as you commented?

eli Says:
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin Says:

The orientation are not Japan specific. It's for YFU students in general. Why is everyone's shirt an XL but mine? This is too odd. lol I wouldn't get magnets. Might make any sensors airport security has go screwy. I'm going to steal your idea and hunt down that pocket dictionary. lol Japan is coming so quickly!

irene Says:

@Eli: Yeah... list making! Let's make lists! Yay lists! lol .__.""
Oh and you have moderating comments turned on...? idk, i can see it now o__o
haha, the reason why yours disappeared was because I neglected to review it XD fail on my part.

@Kevin: I see, that makes sense. That's gonna be so cool! So many different perspectives and outlooks on life :D
about the XL shirt thing: ooh, i dunno o__o they worked extra hard for a shirt your size :D
Oh... good point about the magnets, I'll probably pass on that then :P
you should SO get the pocket dictionary. It's really good, and cute :D I was carrying it around school and many people commented on its cuteness hehe XD
I know right? o__o

Laura Says:

I'm going to bring my XL to the orientation on Sunday and ask for a new size... like medium, haha.
Good idea for host gifts! I'm doing the same. I was trying to find a scrap book the other day, but didn't know how many pages I should have in it...

eli Says:

butbutbut I still have school! My last day is the 4th... so still two more weeks... :/

and it turned out to be an issue with all blogger blogs... comments weren't appearing last night for some reason. google fixed it. :)

Anonymous Says:

hey Kevin ur not alone! I got a large shirt. a little big but i just tied it in the back :)

Post a Comment

talk talk! I'll do my best to answer. And I miss you, too :')